April 12 2018 8:18 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
it is time
Screaming Moon Hog
Time Husk
328 Posts
118/

offline  mobile reply 
April 12 2018 8:23 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
webmaster, I can still make fake accounts in a matter of seconds in addition to easily being able to break the threads. Please advise immediately or I'm doing both again.
brian.
new cocks
144,661 Posts
33/M/IL

online   (9)
April 12 2018 8:33 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
jury duty was a fun ride yesterday. almost made it onto the team.

im also enjoying hearing why my coworkers think they could get out of jury duty, such as being too analytical and not trusting the police. first, they ask you shit like what is your name and what do you do for a living, not what puzzles can you solve. second, like 80% of the people in the entire jury pool raised their hands at the questions about not trusting the police, mainly to show you that it's a big number but also that it doesnt matter.

the next question was how much you trust figure skaters, knowing that some are good and some are bad, to which most people raised their hands, and the follow up is, "so if we put one figure skater up here, could you listen to that one figure skater say what they say about what they are there for?" and everyone raised their hands. then they say the same thing for cops, and everyone reluctantly raises their hands.

unless you know someone involved with the case or you have family who has gone through the damn near exact same thing, you're not just straight up getting out of it. you might not be selected, but that's more demographics than anything. they pulled 40 people in that room for a reason. 1 of them is legit getting out, and they're picking an even spread from the remaining 39.
Cumby
Time Husk
9,517 Posts
30/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (4)
April 12 2018 8:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
So is this for the Cosby trial?
brian.
new cocks
144,661 Posts
33/M/IL

online   (9)
April 12 2018 8:58 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,327 Posts
41/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
I've gotten out because I said I help run a family business and I can't be away from the office for extended periods of time.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
44,801 Posts
36/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (18)
Cumby being cumby
Screaming Moon Hog
Time Husk
328 Posts
118/

offline  mobile reply 
April 12 2018 8:59 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Never voted. Never called for jury duty. Suckin d and yanking weewee
Cumby
Time Husk
9,517 Posts
30/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (4)
April 12 2018 9:03 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
That Cosby video gets me every time
brian.
new cocks
144,661 Posts
33/M/IL

online   (9)
April 12 2018 9:08 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: sidney

I've gotten out because I said I help run a family business and I can't be away from the office for extended periods of time.

i get that it worked there, that wouldnt have worked here. not sure if it's because NY is different than DE or something else. of the ~40 people in that pool, two were retired, one was unemployed, and one does not work. that left...well, all ~40 people with better shit to do, except maybe the retired people. once we got to that point in the day of actual jury selection, work-related excuses were over.

there was one student who had previously postponed her jury service and just got yesterday, when she's also in school. the judge just said sorry, but you had your postponement and today you're in jury selection. im guessing the two sides probably just didnt select her for that reason, but she was a valid pick.
brian.
new cocks
144,661 Posts
33/M/IL

online   (9)
April 12 2018 9:36 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
As the suspect was being tended to by CPFR, the deputies recontacted the homeowners to solve the fecal mystery.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,327 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (1)
April 12 2018 9:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: brian.

Originally posted by: sidney

i get that it worked there, that wouldnt have worked here. not sure if it's because NY is different than DE or something else. of the ~40 people in that pool, two were retired, one was unemployed, and one does not work. that left...well, all ~40 people with better shit to do, except maybe the retired people. once we got to that point in the day of actual jury selection, work-related excuses were over.

there was one student who had previously postponed her jury service and just got yesterday, when she's also in school. the judge just said sorry, but you had your postponement and today you're in jury selection. im guessing the two sides probably just didnt select her for that reason, but she was a valid pick.

yeah I'm certain it's different from judge to judge....not even just state to state. I took a shot and it worked. Then again it really didn't matter because they still threw me back into the jury duty selection and 6 months later I got another notice.

luckily when I went the second time I never got called out of the starting room because their case count was sort of low.
XWHISKEYX
Old Head
37,483 Posts
61/M/NA

offline  mobile reply   (23)
April 12 2018 10:12 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

Carlo_HC
hardcore for life
23,798 Posts
34/M/NA

offline   (1)
April 12 2018 10:17 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i wonder if now he's a 44 year old atheist.
brian.
new cocks
144,661 Posts
33/M/IL

online   (9)
April 12 2018 10:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
im 33
Screaming Moon Hog
Time Husk
328 Posts
118/

offline  mobile reply