forum Hardcore, Metal, Punk Rock, Emo ›› ebay: COFFIN BREAK / THE FIGGS 7" ›› new reply Post Reply
ChromePeelerRec

Time Husk
52 Posts
42/M/NJ

July 6 2017 9:05 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
The auction is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/COFFIN-BREAK-THE-FIGGS-7-nirvana-endino-rare-oop-kbd-Young-Fresh-Fellows-punk-/292174263561?hash=item4406f17509:g:COEAAOSwPWRZXhBA

Black vinyl version of THE FIGGS / COFFIN BREAK split 7" released in 1992 by Negative Feedback Records. Includes insert. Has been stored in a SMOKE FREE environment.

About the 7":
Coffin Break and The Figgs are something of an unlikely combo for a split single, in regards to both genre and proximity. Granted, "Let Me Have It," cut in 1992, presumably for the Ginger sessions finds the (then) upstate New York quartet raising a little more of a raucous then usual. The jagged little squelch of feedback in the opening seconds leads into a treble-happy, two-and-a-half minute slice of pogo-pop as only the Figgs know how to cook up. Coffin Break's side features "Drain" a taught exercise in thrashy punk rawk with a vague metal tinge to drive the point home. Concise and punchy as-all-get-out, but a trifle too amelodic for all you "pop fanatics" I might add.

Tracklist:
A. COFFIN BREAK: "Drain" (produced by Jack Endino)
B. THE FIGGS: "Let me Have It"

Proceeds of this auction go towards funding future releases on Chrome Peeler Records.
forum Hardcore, Metal, Punk Rock, Emo ›› ebay: COFFIN BREAK / THE FIGGS 7" ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: ebay: COFFIN BREAK / THE FIGGS 7"

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?