forum General Music Discussion ›› Will Mumble Rap Last? ›› new reply Post Reply
Cauveé_Call-vay

Time Husk
8 Posts
117/M/

offline   (4)
July 2 2017 7:36 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Aight, so maybe I am biased because of my age. Or maybe I am right and Mumble Rap is straight trash. All I know is I feel like the 80's and 90s had the best rap. Is that because I was a young millennial then? I don't know if its getting older or rap is actually trash now. Now it's all about the beat. I'm like, buy instrumentals then. Ever since Laffy Taffy came out the quality of music dropped. Because everyone started trying to make a quick bubble gum pop record. T-Pain came out with the vocoder, Kanye tried it, and then everyone else did and now here comes Future using that shit all the time and I can't hear ANY lyrics. What y'all think? Will this shit last? Is there a record we could say is classic?

California Love - Classic
Biggie Biggie Biggie - Classic
Lose Yourself - Classic
and the list goes on...

Will Mumble Rap have the longevity?
JamieB
Jamie Jay
6 Posts
39/F/CA

offline   (1)
July 24 2017 1:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Dude your probably not as old as me, but learning about Future and mumble rap is pretty fucking awesome. He's part of the dungeon family where many awesome artists started out. One of the main reasons they are all so different is so they could be on each others albums and compliment each others styles. Its all about reinventing themselves and staying relevant. My tastes have changed over the years although I could still get jiggy with Will Smith. New shit is fucking great. mixing electronica with rap and melody is what I love. It may sound blasphemous to an classic rap lova.
Ill Kwan Do
Time Husk
42 Posts
27/M/NA

offline  mobile reply 
July 24 2017 1:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Post above if gay
Ill Kwan Do
Time Husk
42 Posts
27/M/NA

offline  mobile reply