forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› UFC TUF 17 FINALE (4/13/13) ›› new reply Post Reply
WREN

Pulp Free
52,154 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (19)
February 27 2013 7:03 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Venue: Mandalay Bay Events Center
FX Start: 9pm est

MAIN CARD

Main Event: Bantamweight Bout
-Urijah Faber vs. Scott Jorgenson

TUF 17 MIDDLEWEIGHT FINALS:
-TBA vs. TBA

Women's Bantamweight Bout:
-Miesha Tate vs. Cat Zingano

Heavyweight Bout:
-Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Travis Browne

FACEBOOK PRELIMINARY CARD

Featherweight Bout:
-Cole Miller vs. Bart Palaszewski

Featherweight Bout:
-Daniel Pineda vs. Justin Lawrence

Featherweight Bout:
- Maximo Blanco vs. Sam Sicilia
WREN
Pulp Free
52,154 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (19)
February 27 2013 7:04 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
fight card so far
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
44,411 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (18)
April 15 2013 9:19 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i caught the whole tate/zigano fight
the TUF finale
and the first three rounds of faber/jorgenson

zigano sure turned it on in the third. tate got out everythinged in the last round. you could see tate's wrestling and stamina fade a bit at the end of the third and . . . .

faber put on a clinic in the rounds that I saw. I like jorgenson but he was out classed from the get go.

the TUF finale was audio falatio by kenflo and the other color commentator of the guy who lost. I understand he was a flashier fighter but. . .he lost every round.
HippieHooligan
stmulatinterest
5,987 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (6)
April 15 2013 9:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I was most impressed by Cat Zingano. Talk about heart. I was pulling for her and found myself screaming at the TV at the end of the second round, when she got on top. I was screaming and I'm sure people outside heard me say things like "PUNCH HER IN THE FUCKING FACE" haha.

I also thought the decision in the hall fight was completely wrong. IMO he won the fight and it wasn't close.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,154 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (19)
April 15 2013 9:33 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I watched this event on youtube in the parking lot after the show on Saturday. I had already read the highlights so I was able to fast forward through must of the dumb shit.

What i saw:

I think Zingano has alot of work ahead of her if she thinks she'll beat Rousey. Her standup looked awful. She has about 6 months to really work on the hands up, chin down concept. Her wrestling and BJJ background should keep her out of some early trouble with Rousey but I think Rousey's hands being better in the little amount we see of them used, she'll be able to set up the ground attack first and ultimately keep herself in a better position.

Faber looked awesome in his fight except for the 3rd round. I thought Jorgensen handidly won that. But then Faber came right back in the 4th to show you how to do it. The strike-scramble-latch yourself on my back transition was beautiful. Jorgensen didn't even have a chance to blink by the time Faber was choking him.

The TUF Finale was a decent enough fight but man the hype train derailed big-time with Hall. I'm going to think that he bought into it a little bit. He absolutely smashed everyone he fought on the show with next to no effort. He should have walked through this fight but didn't. I bet he comes back humbled for the next time out and performs like he should have.

Travis Browne bounced back greatly.
Dan Conner
Life Isn't Posi
2,997 Posts
30/M/CA

offline   (4)
April 15 2013 10:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Honestly Hall didn't even look upset or anything after the fight, you can even see him smile a couple times in the background. I think he might have thrown the fight a little bit. I think he liked Kelvin, and knows that no matter what he has a future in the UFC, and Kelvin might have really needed this contract to secure his future in the UFC. He was like "sure, go ahead and lock yourself into this shitty contract that isn't going to pay much, while I get signed to a different contract that may potentially end up making me a lot more money than the TUF contract." It's pretty obvious that Dana and company were completely riding his nuts, so that situation is completely plausible in my opinion.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,154 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (19)
April 16 2013 6:54 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
He said in the post fight that he felt weird and was "trying to have fun" because he liked his opponent. I think he fell victim to his own hype. Maybe not that he bought into it like Overeem does but more that he couldn't shake the pressure of having to live up to it. So instead of fighting like himself he kind of let his body autopilot through most of the fight. I'm sure it was a good lesson for him and now the pressure is definitely off him. If he had won by KO in the first again, every uneducated fan would be screaming title fight and he would never get to relax. He has alot of potential and I think the loss will benefit him in the long run.
HippieHooligan
stmulatinterest
5,987 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (6)
April 16 2013 7:23 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I think both of those posts have some logical, good points.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› UFC TUF 17 FINALE (4/13/13) ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: UFC TUF 17 FINALE (4/13/13)

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?