forum Politics and Society ›› When it comes to Israel, am I missing something? ›› new reply Post Reply
planet of the apes
no.
3,948 Posts
35/M/NJ

offline   (6)
March 19 2015 8:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

one in the pink and two in the stink
the cat
numetal/juggalo
7,463 Posts
35/M/DC

offline   (5)
March 24 2015 10:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
This is pretty intense, it might be just words but it's still a pretty big shift in rhetoric. Obama could end the occupation tomorrow if he really wanted to.

The White House issued a passionate call for eventual Palestinian statehood on Monday as it stepped up criticism of the Israeli prime minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, for appearing to question a two-state solution to Middle East peace. “An occupation that has lasted for almost 50 years must end,”

Barack Obama’s chief of staff, Denis McDonough, told a conference of liberal activists in Washington. “Israel cannot maintain military control of another people indefinitely,” he added. Despite Netanyahu’s efforts to distance himself from pre-election comments that appeared to rule out a Palestinian state, the US administration remains sceptical about his commitment to peace.

“We cannot simply pretend that those comments were never made, or that they don’t raise questions about the prime minister’s commitment to achieving peace through direct negotiations,” McDonough told 3,000 delegates at the national conference of J-Street, a Washington lobby group which describes itself as pro-Israel but supports a two-state peace process for a Palestinian state.

click here for link
the cat
numetal/juggalo
7,463 Posts
35/M/DC

offline   (5)
March 26 2015 7:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Cumby
Time Husk
10,124 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (4)
May 2 2015 6:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
planet of the apes
no.
3,948 Posts
35/M/NJ

offline   (6)
August 9 2015 12:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Nine right-wing Jewish extremists arrested following the arson death of Palestinian toddler

By Ruth Eglash August 9 washingtonpost.com

JERUSALEM — Nine Jewish settlers suspected of extremist activities against Palestinians were arrested Sunday by Israeli forces after overnight police raids in several illegal outposts in the West Bank.

First to be arrested was Meir Ettinger, the 23-year-old grandson of the late Meir Kahane, an ultranationalist rabbi from the United States whose anti-Arab Kach movement was outlawed in Israel. Ettinger is considered a right-wing radical who advocates replacing Israel's secular government with one that rules by Jewish law.

The arrests come as part of a crackdown by authorities on right-wing Jewish extremists following the death of a Palestinian toddler and his father after their home in the West Bank village of Duma was firebombed 10 days ago. The arsonists scrawled Hebrew graffiti reading “Revenge!” and a Star of David on a nearby wall.

Eighteen-month old Ali Dawabshe died at the scene of the fire; his father, Saad, died Saturday from burns suffered in the attack. The child’s mother, Riham, and his 4-year-old brother, Ahmed, remain in critical condition.

the cat
numetal/juggalo
7,463 Posts
35/M/DC

offline   (5)
August 9 2015 1:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
If you want to see some absolutely fucking zombified brainwashed bullshit go to r/israel

Follow any discussion that's remotely critical of Israel or the occupation
Shostakovich
do svidaniya
6,566 Posts
35/M/MD

offline     (6)
August 9 2015 2:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
that is exactly why, and I may have even said it somewhere in this thread, I pay zero attention and have zero opinion on the Israel/Palestine conflict. I honestly have no idea what is and isn't insane brainwashed rhetoric and propaganda, on either side. I don't trust anyone because it's so polarizing
the cat
numetal/juggalo
7,463 Posts
35/M/DC

offline   (5)
August 9 2015 5:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I support the solution based on international law that represents the consensus of nearly the entire world since it's drafting and has been vetoed unilaterally by the US for about 40 years now. Namely UN resolution 242, which recognizes both states at the 1967 borders.

The reason the '67 are used borders is because that's when Israel started a war and conquered 3 territories, namely the Gaza, The Golan Heights (incl E. Jerusalam) and West Bank. The international court has ruled that settling on these territories is "ipso facto" in violation of humanitarian law 14-1. You can't conquer territory in a modern world.

If anyone has some interest/time, the Chomsky V Dershowitz debate breaks it down further.

Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
September 26 2015 9:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Well, they're better than backing ISIS. More cool for that matter. They've pretty much defended themselves against countless nations in the past that sought to destroy them, only to come back to their city and be re-birthed as a nation. Tough dudes.
Benjamin Netanyahu
Cheltenhams own
68 Posts
60/M/NA

offline   (5)
September 26 2015 11:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
61/M/MA

offline   (9)
September 27 2015 7:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Kadesh

Well, they're better than backing ISIS. More cool for that matter. They've pretty much defended themselves against countless nations in the past that sought to destroy them, only to come back to their city and be re-birthed as a nation. Tough dudes.

Being better than monsters slaughtering people wholesale isn't exactly a glowing recommendation. Nor does invading an area your ancestors left thousands of years ago to take the land from people who were actually born there make one very good, either.

My family left Ireland only a few hundred years ago. That doesn't give me the right to go back and toss someone else out of their home to claim it for my family.
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
38,045 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (11)
November 8 2015 3:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
samson option
XUXYUXHHHXGUXHGXGHXG
Probe Baby Zole
1,460 Posts
M/NA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
December 25 2015 9:53 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Nuke Jerusalem today
XUXYUXHHHXGUXHGXGHXG
Probe Baby Zole
1,460 Posts
M/NA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
December 25 2015 9:54 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Nuke the the southern USA
GoodTimesGone
cubic time cube
51,395 Posts
43/F/ND

offline  mobile reply   (57)
December 25 2015 1:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
forum Politics and Society ›› When it comes to Israel, am I missing something? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: When it comes to Israel, am I missing something?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?