all threads All Threads ›› Hardcore Scene HIV Scare ›› new reply Post Reply
dave heck

var är mitt hem
29,549 Posts
31/M/PA

offline     (11)
April 30 2012 8:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i'm reposting this after i posted it originally on the b9. please read it.

i don't really know how to go about this, but i'm doing it for all the right reasons, i promise.

I just got off the phone with a good friend that i have toured with before. he still plays for a band that does fairly well and tours and what not. he confided in me to keep his identity secret while he goes through the necessary measure to contact certain partners. He just found out that he is HIV positive. 100% legit HIV positive. it's weird to even be typing these words.

We live in an age where people seem to think safe sex is something that we don't need to worry about. this should be a wake up call. Everyone makes jokes about eskimo buddies and scenes sluts or whatever you want to say about it (both male and female) but the bottom line is many members of the hardcore scene have had sexual contact with the same people. whether or not protection is always used...who knows...but my friend wanted to make it clear that anybody that has been in any form promiscuous should get themselves checked out immediately. From what he has gathered he has basically almost assumed that he has given it to more than one girl in multiple areas, as it was brought to his attention by a partner who tracked it back to him after he was diagnosed. he did his research and found who he belies to be the person who he contracted it from and it was "several partners ago".

bottom line: Do yourself a favor and get tested ASAP. practice more safe sex. as someone that has been on the road and seen and done risky things i know how common such practices can be.

i am completely steel trap, you will not get his name from me so don't bother. when the time is right perhaps he will go public. it is not my or his intention to create a whole bunch of gossip, we just want to help.

for real though, please get tested as soon as possible and get used to getting head with a condom on. forgive my humor, just trying to cope with it and what not.

http://www.hivtest.org/

cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
198,130 Posts
34/M/PA

online     (23)
April 30 2012 9:20 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i'm honestly surprised that more people in the scene don't have something.
Maryland Matt
still oh so ill
8,188 Posts
32/M/MD

offline  mobile reply     (6)
April 30 2012 9:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm sure a lot do and just don't get tested.
xAJexDELAWAREx
Oh this site?
41,494 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (5)
April 30 2012 9:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cbrickhouse

I'm sure more people do than you ever realize, but with how tight knit the scene is, and with info spreading via internet messageboards so damn fast, people probably keep that info secret.
dave heck
var är mitt hem
29,549 Posts
31/M/PA

offline     (11)
April 30 2012 9:37 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
we only know what we are made aware of. i'm sure many celebrities have gone to great lengths to keep such things private.

AIDS ran rampant in the punk scene in philly in the 80s. look up ed savitz.
xAJexDELAWAREx
Oh this site?
41,494 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (5)
April 30 2012 9:46 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Herpes in Delaware was a big one in the late 90s/early 00s for the punk scene here. One dude was known to be Patient Zero for that shit too. Like all of it could be traced back to him.
CollinT
HatesMostThings
18,195 Posts
M/NA

offline  mobile reply 
April 30 2012 9:49 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
This is serious shit. Sucks bad for him and everyone involved. The hardcore community is big and world wide in its own right, but next to the entire world its small and exclusive. Shit has the potential to spread like wildfire.
Dianana
8====D
58,324 Posts
31/F/PA

offline   (7)
April 30 2012 10:38 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Wren and I got tested in the beginning of our relationship and a few times during. We both trust each other but it doesn't hurt either.

Scary stuff. I feel like if this guy was getting with a lot of chicks, it might be a good idea to go public. That takes a lot of guts but it could save a life. I know we're not in Africa and people aren't dying like in the 80's but if you treat it right away it won't turn into full blown AIDS, right?
the cat
mirrion dorrars
4,878 Posts
31/M/DC

offline   (5)
April 30 2012 10:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
It's a lot more manageable now, and the life expectancy has shot up but I don't think there's a way to truly stop the progression readily available
Dianana
8====D
58,324 Posts
31/F/PA

offline   (7)
April 30 2012 10:57 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Also, let the speculation begin....
Ron Shark
Time Husk
27,203 Posts
M/PA

offline     (5)
April 30 2012 11:01 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cbrickhouse

This.

This is one of the main reasons I never even thought of trying to sleep around. It's absolutely not worth it.

I also don't get why you'd raw dog a random person. If he/she is whoring it up with you in your city how the fuck could you not think they're doing the same in the next city? Same goes for band people. If the person is easily sleeping with you the next band to come through could be on their agenda.
Davey.
Iron Hog
40,462 Posts
28/M/NA

offline   (13)
April 30 2012 11:04 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Some mens penises are too thick for condoms. It isnt their faut.
Aunt_Pee
mr. birthdaysex
8,194 Posts
31/M/NC

offline   (14)
April 30 2012 11:08 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
most people who do have a std do not tell anyone. its really bad here. dont be an idiot.

"North Carolina ranked 14th among states for chlamydia rates in 2009, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Those numbers continue to climb.

African-Americans are disproportionately affected, making up 46 percent of cases reported.

Gonorrhea rates are down to their lowest level ever recorded nationally, but North Carolina ranked seventh, with African-Americans representing 60 percent of cases.

North Carolina ranked eighth in the nation for primary and secondary syphilis

Among the 40 states that report HIV cases, North Carolina ranked seventh."
likeawiseacre101
Time Husk
73 Posts
114/

offline  mobile reply 
April 30 2012 11:11 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Well I'm scared for the rest of my life.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
198,130 Posts
34/M/PA

online     (23)
April 30 2012 11:16 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
holy crap its wiseacre
deadlift
sees air
15,308 Posts
61/M/NA

offline   (18)
April 30 2012 11:17 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i'm not scared by much, but this is my absolute worst nightmare.
all threads All Threads ›› Hardcore Scene HIV Scare ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Hardcore Scene HIV Scare

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band