forum Arts & Entertainment ›› Surivival Of The Dead - movie review ›› new reply Post Reply
WREN

Pulp Free
52,154 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (19)
March 26 2012 1:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
For the first time ever, Romero decided to connect two films together by opting to follow the group ...

click for full review
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
44,411 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (18)
March 26 2012 1:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
this movie was an abortion on top of a earthquake next to a store that specializes in pushing grandma's over a cliff.
i was really bummed at how bad this ROMERO ZOMBIE movie was.
Carlo_HC
hardcore for life
23,253 Posts
34/M/NA

offline   (1)
March 27 2012 10:03 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
disappointing.
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
28/M/WV

offline   (1)
March 27 2012 1:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I saw this forever ago and agree with everything you say here. Even watching the movies from the 80s, they're really hard for me to get into. Is that terrible? Because zombies are my favorite subject matter in horror. Even though I love them, though, I can only think of a few actually GOOD zombie movies - Dawn remake, 28 days later (i don't care, it might as well be a zombie movie)... that's about it. I watched the day of the dead remake and jesus fuck it was awful. What's with all the new zombie movies giving the zombies these impossible, jerky, super fast capabilities? I don't mind them running when it looks like real running, but when it's that bad point a to point b with nothing in between, that's just bad editing. i guess zombieland was cool too.

got any suggestions for some GOOD zombie movies? all the ones i find look like shitty syfy movies, like you said.

CAN'T WAIT FOR WORLD WAR Z
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
28/M/WV

offline   (1)
March 27 2012 1:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i really wish i could get into the original dawn and day. the remake of night from the early 90s is good, better than the original to me (it's basically a shot for shot remake aside from the ending and it looks better).

fuck i just wish there were more GOOD movies about zombies instead of shit like ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE 2012 or that movie about the soldiers who come back from the dead to vote against george bush lol
WREN
Pulp Free
52,154 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (19)
March 27 2012 1:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I liked in Savini's version of Night was that Barbara wasn't comatosed the entire time, she actually had balls. I liked the original ending better when it came to Ben. Turning him into a zombie wasn't my favorite idea.

Other more recent great zombie films (since you don't like the oldies) are .REC and .REC2, Evil (To Kako) from Greece, Planet Terror, Doghouse, and Shaun Of The Dead.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
44,411 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (18)
March 27 2012 2:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: WREN

I liked in Savini's version of Night was that Barbara wasn't comatosed the entire time, she actually had balls. I liked the original ending better when it came to Ben. Turning him into a zombie wasn't my favorite idea.

i agree completely.
i still need to see the [REC] movies, i tried to find the original when it was first released on DVD around here but every video store looked at me like I had face AIDS when i asked for it.
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
28/M/WV

offline   (1)
March 29 2012 8:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Yeah I saw Planet Terror and Shaun of the Dead and liked both of them. Are there just not that many zombie movies that were given proper budgets since, like, the mid-1990's? I wanna watch the Dawn remake but the computer I have right now sucks and doesn't have any torrent hosts or anything and it's not on netflix for some retarded reason.
Jimmy Shaker Day
hail and kill
252 Posts
36/M/IL

offline   (5)
April 7 2012 6:58 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
George Romero has lost it and this is the worst entry in the dead series by far. I really didn't like Diary of the Dead either and it seems the zombie genre has passed Romero by even though the original trilogy still remains my three favorite zombie movies.

The Dead is a recent zombie movie that was decent. Good gore and makeup on the zombies and even though I did not care of the acting of the two main protagonists it was a well made zombie movie.
miked3693
Time Husk
17 Posts
22/M/NA

November 14 2017 7:30 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I have watched the full trailer of this movie which you have shared here with us. Survival of the dead is an amazing movie and I am very much impressed after watching the trailer of this movie, now I will must watch this movie soon.
Custom Stickers
forum Arts & Entertainment ›› Surivival Of The Dead - movie review ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Surivival Of The Dead - movie review

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?