forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› weight loss journey thread ›› new reply Post Reply
brian.
new cocks
142,548 Posts
32/M/IL

online   (9)
May 25 2013 5:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: brian.

for a first meet, ive heard people say your opener should be something you can power snatch/power clean, then second lift should be something you can reliably rep 3-4 times, then depending on how you did either match your PR or try to one-up it.

i'll probably use that for snatches since im a bit less confident there. for C&J i'm starting higher and definitely going for the PR since im much more confident in that whole lift, partially because i know the clean will be cake since my PR jerk is currently 20 pounds less than the clean by itself. once that evens out it'll be harder to figure out

didnt go as well as i was hoping, but it was a good experience. missed my first two snatches, but at least i missed behind so i got them up and wasnt too worried. i missed at 135 and 145, then i went a bit risky with 155 (since alex made 145) but i stuck it. i wanted to get up to 165 (PR) but since i missed the first two, i needed to at least make the lift in order to total, so i went with a more comfortable number.

opened clean & jerk at 205 which is easy, and 215 for the second lift was easy as well. i went for 225 which i've only ever gotten from blocks, but since i can clean 245 i figure i'd go for it. didn't make it, but it was close enough that i'll have it within the next week or two.
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
36,825 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (11)
May 25 2013 5:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Walktheblock

Originally posted by: Westley Gisbon

Originally posted by: Walktheblock

I either pulled a muscle in my abdomen or I have a hernia while lifting. I have to get a bunch of ultrasounds and shit. Not stoked on it

thats what you get for driving by my house while honking your horn and flipping me off faggot

Fuck you Zagnut

come at me bro
RyanSchwenksville
Stoked,Pumped
11,858 Posts
32/M/PA

offline     (8)
May 30 2013 11:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cbrickhouse

apparently pizza hut is coming back to pville. stoked

deadlift
sees air
15,543 Posts
64/M/NA

offline   (18)
May 30 2013 11:53 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
bhouse on that hut bulk
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
210,612 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (24)
May 30 2013 11:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah i plan on eating it every single day forever
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,092 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (1)
May 30 2013 2:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
was holding steady at 148 -150 for a while but after this past memorial day weekend I weighed myself at home and was 143....not sure how I lost more weight....even drank beer all weekend as well
RyanSchwenksville
Stoked,Pumped
11,858 Posts
32/M/PA

offline     (8)
May 30 2013 3:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: sidney

was holding steady at 148 -150 for a while but after this past memorial day weekend I weighed myself at home and was 143....not sure how I lost more weight....even drank beer all weekend as well

did you happen to have any pizza hut? i hear good things
WREN
Pulp Free
52,068 Posts
34/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (19)
May 30 2013 3:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Ha
ScrewFlanders
nah im alright
3,871 Posts
33/M/PA

online   (6)
May 30 2013 3:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
they do have that new diet pizza theyve been pushing
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,092 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (1)
May 30 2013 3:31 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: RyanSchwenksville

Originally posted by: sidney

did you happen to have any pizza hut? i hear good things

stopping at pizza hut on the way home to pick that 5lbs back up
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
210,612 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (24)
July 29 2013 2:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
down to my last belt notch and the pants are still a little loose. hoping to go under 290 this week.
BRYANA
BITW
16,236 Posts
28/F/PA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
July 29 2013 5:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Does anyone wrap their wrists or use some sort of brace that they can recommend?

I have had tendinitis type problems off and on with my right wrist since I played basketball in middle school and now that I started benching and overhead pressing, it's starting to act up again. I'm not really sure what the best approach is.
brian.
new cocks
142,548 Posts
32/M/IL

online   (9)
July 29 2013 5:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i don't all the time, but if i ever fuck up a clean and jack one of my wrists up, for the next couple of workouts i'll tape it if it feels off. i just go once or twice around with pre-wrap (the foam looking "tape" roll), then crank down a couple rounds of white athletic tape, usually no more than about 2.5-3" right below the crease of my wrist when moving it back.
BRYANA
BITW
16,236 Posts
28/F/PA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
July 29 2013 7:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: brian.

i don't all the time, but if i ever fuck up a clean and jack one of my wrists up, for the next couple of workouts i'll tape it if it feels off. i just go once or twice around with pre-wrap (the foam looking "tape" roll), then crank down a couple rounds of white athletic tape, usually no more than about 2.5-3" right below the crease of my wrist when moving it back.

Sweet, thanks. I have prewrap already. Ill have to buy tape and try it on Wednesday.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› weight loss journey thread ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: weight loss journey thread

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?