forum Sports Talk ›› Flyers trade for Bryzgalov ›› new reply Post Reply
Peter SteeleyDan

HatesMostThings
19,178 Posts
M/NA

offline   (1)
June 7 2011 8:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
"The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that they have acquired the rights to goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov (breez-GAH-lahf, IHL-yah) from the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for LW Matt Clackson, the Flyers’ 3rd round draft choice in 2012 and a conditional draft choice, according to general manager Paul Holmgren."

From the Flyers website

STOKED
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
30/M/NA

offline   (21)
June 7 2011 8:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Hopefully he'll actually sign with them. Although I think history would show that most players tend to sign with the teams that aquire their negotiating rights.
Peter SteeleyDan
HatesMostThings
19,178 Posts
M/NA

offline   (1)
June 7 2011 9:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Yeah, I think he will sign witht he Fly guys, only question is for how much and who is packing their bags.
fight2live
doe dubbla
18,996 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (12)
June 8 2011 12:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: -Jeremy-

Hopefully he'll actually sign with them. Although I think history would show that most players tend to sign with the teams that aquire their negotiating rights.

traded for Hamhuis' rights last year and were unable to sign him, now he's about to win the Cup. This is obviously way different, they are determined to make Bryz a flyer. Gotta shed some major salary first. Regardless of who they trade...this is incredible news
DeadlyHandSammich
creepin on you
3,302 Posts
34/M/NA

offline   (3)
June 8 2011 1:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
need a goalie like this. him and bobs would be a good duo
Yodel Toast
que te follen
20,134 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (14)
June 8 2011 1:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I reallly want him. Question is who needs to go to make that happen... Leino or Carcillo maybe? I'd love to tell Carter to go fuck himself, but I'm not sure if we can do that the way that his contract is written.
Sarcastic Existence
SICK GUY
16,062 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (17)
June 8 2011 1:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Theres no way Leino will be a Flyer next year which is a major bummer. Hopefully they get rid of Versteeg, as well. Not sure who else would be gone.
DeadlyHandSammich
creepin on you
3,302 Posts
34/M/NA

offline   (3)
June 8 2011 1:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Yodel Toast

I reallly want him. Question is who needs to go to make that happen... Leino or Carcillo maybe? I'd love to tell Carter to go fuck himself, but I'm not sure if we can do that the way that his contract is written.

Aren't Leino, Zherdev, Carcillo, and O'Donnell set to be free agents anyway?

If they trade Carter, it'll have to be for someone even more productive than him. He's been pretty solid for Philly.
fight2live
doe dubbla
18,996 Posts
37/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (12)
June 8 2011 2:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Carcillo, Leino, Zherdev, Boucher and Odonnell are the free agents i doubt will be re-signed. Powe and Nodl are free agents that i expect will get re-signed.

The backup goalie situation is interesting. Whether its bob, leighton or even a re-signed Boosh, flyers will have one of the highest paid backups in the league playing behind a guy who starts almost 70 games a year. Bobs salary jumps to 1.75mil, leighton is signed at 1.55mil
fight2live
doe dubbla
18,996 Posts
37/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (12)
June 8 2011 2:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Double
Sarcastic Existence
SICK GUY
16,062 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (17)
June 8 2011 2:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
same
PH1L
Time Husk
8,056 Posts
32/M/CA

offline  mobile reply   (3)
June 8 2011 3:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Glad to see bryzgalov out of the pacific division, dude is a underrated goalie good pickup for flyers
yantastic
drink fight win
15,048 Posts
40/M/NJ

offline   (5)
June 8 2011 3:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: DeadlyHandSammich

If they trade Carter, it'll have to be for someone even more productive than him. He's been pretty solid for Philly.

of those free agents only O'Donnell has a chance to be resigned (don't remember the exact clause but there's an exception for free agents over 35 so they don't count as much over the cap).

Carter would have to be traded for prospects/picks, otherwise they'd be taking back salary (anyone who doesn't think Carter is one of the best flyers doesn't know anything about hockey).

Carle is currently on the block since his salary is 3.5 million which is actually cheap considering he's a top four defenseman. if he's traded they should try to bring in a top defensive prospect for him.

Versteeg is a solid forward, but 3 million per year for someone who isn't a top six forward on this team is too steep. the problem is that he would only bring back a second round pick in trade at most.
Peter SteeleyDan
HatesMostThings
19,178 Posts
M/NA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
June 8 2011 8:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I am just glad the flyer's finally are making moves to obtain a solid goaltender.
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
30/M/NA

offline   (21)
June 8 2011 9:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: yantastic

Carle is currently on the block since his salary is 3.5 million which is actually cheap considering he's a top four defenseman. if he's traded they should try to bring in a top defensive prospect for him.

Versteeg is a solid forward, but 3 million per year for someone who isn't a top six forward on this team is too steep. the problem is that he would only bring back a second round pick in trade at most.

I'd disagree with both of these statements.

3.5 million is pretty steep for a guy like Matt Carle.

3 million for a guy who's scored 20+ goals in his first three seasons while playing on the THIRD line for each of those seasons is a steal. If he was bumped up to some top-six minutes and received some decent pp time I think he'd easily score 30+ goals.
Yodel Toast
que te follen
20,134 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (14)
June 8 2011 10:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: yantastic

Originally posted by: DeadlyHandSammich

of those free agents only O'Donnell has a chance to be resigned (don't remember the exact clause but there's an exception for free agents over 35 so they don't count as much over the cap).

Carter would have to be traded for prospects/picks, otherwise they'd be taking back salary (anyone who doesn't think Carter is one of the best flyers doesn't know anything about hockey).

Look at Carter's playoff production throughout his NHL career. He chokes when it counts. O'Donnell are Leino are most likely to get resigned. Carle, Carter and Coburn are interesting trade bait to clear cap roon. Jeff Carter is the ONLY one on that squad that can get away with not being physical.

If he's so fucking good, why doesn't he have better plus minus numbers? If he's the best shit the flyers have going for them, why is he not back out on the penalty kill scoring shorthanded goals? He's a fucking chump. He's no Mark Messier or Wayne Gretsky. He does not have the skillset to compete in the old NHL either. All he has is a predictable wrister.

If you like him so much Brian, why don't you suck his dick.
forum Sports Talk ›› Flyers trade for Bryzgalov ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Flyers trade for Bryzgalov

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?