forum Dorks R Us ›› Bioshock: Infinite ›› new reply Post Reply
BEERZEBUB

C-Wizard
4,191 Posts
30/M/OH

offline   (9)
August 12 2010 9:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
well they did a good job of keeping this quiet. I am definitely intrigued although I'd like to know a little more about the story and it has any relation at all to the characters & events of the first two.

Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
31/M/WI

offline   (2)
August 12 2010 9:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
If it's anything like the other two, especially the first, I'm looking forward to it. Glad to see a drastic change of location to.
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
37,471 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (11)
August 12 2010 9:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i hope this one lets you kill little kids
tom.
^__^
62,529 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (5)
August 12 2010 9:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT

joe vena
BODYROTT
4,621 Posts
28/M/PA

offline     (6)
August 12 2010 9:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
fucking amped. i just got around to playing the second but the first is one of my favorite games ever.

Originally posted by: tom.

AtWarWithAmeliaLOL
Time Husk
16,678 Posts
30/M/NA

offline   (1)
August 13 2010 5:44 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Holy fuck! I don't think I've ever been this pumped on a game from a trailer alone.
carcarodoncarcharias
Time Husk
1,897 Posts
7/F/NA

August 13 2010 11:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
That trailer looks amazing. Also want to know how it correlates to the storyline of the whole underwater dystopia thing. Also need to finish the 2nd one still.
chocolate juice
game over
11,660 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (20)
August 13 2010 11:44 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
saw this on g4 yesterday and now i'm playing the first two over in anticipation of this....it looks awesome.
LastOnePicked
in all my unglory
14,470 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (4)
August 13 2010 11:46 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
"The trailer signaled that Infinite is a first-person return to the style of idea-driven historical science fiction of BioShock, but set in the skies. Later, Levine would tell me that the game is thematically tied to the work he did in first BioShock in that it is another game about a strange and yet strangely familiar place as well as about expressive, variable gameplay. He doesn't call it prequel though and drew no narrative connections between the BioShocks we have played and the one his team is making. "I don't want to think about that," Levine said to me. "I don't think it's particularly constructive to have that conversation."

After the trailer unfurled Infinite's world, Levine began explaining the game to his audience. Infinite is set in the early 1910s. Its main setting is Columbia, a city that floats on balloons and drifted across an ascendant United States, showing the accomplishments of a post-Civil War American ready to express its idea of excellence.

"Something terrible happens," Levine said, establishing the stakes and the mystery. Columbia proves to be something worse than a beacon of prosperity. "This is not a floating world's fair. Columbia is a Death Star." In the lead-up to the events of Infinite, Columbia is embroiled in an international incident of unspecified horror and then disappears into the clouds. Our character, a "disgruntled former Pinkerton agent" named Booker DeWitt, is contacted by a mysterious man who knows where Columbia is. In that city, DeWitt is told, is Elizabeth, a woman who has been raised there and who the man wants rescued. DeWitt accepts the mission, which will be ours as a player: to rescue Elizabeth and, with her super-powered help, get out of the patriotic-turned-violent Columbia."
dickferbraynz
ass
969 Posts
64/M/ID

August 14 2010 2:58 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
holy fucking fire im stoked.

what are some peoples thoughts on the movie theyre working on?
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
37,471 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (11)
August 14 2010 3:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
didnt play any of these games, wont play this one either
Guenhwyvar.
murfin&durfin
515 Posts
27/F/PA

offline   (8)
August 14 2010 3:06 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
bioshock is great. its really unique to other games, ive always been super impressed with the story and the overall design
WREN
Pulp Free
52,134 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (19)
August 14 2010 3:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I just read the long synopsis of this game. It seems the only connections between the games are going to be the fact that you are moving around a failed utopia. It doesn't seem that they are going to be using the Little Sisters or Big Daddies in this game at all but there are two new big villain types that make their appearence in their place.

I like the story. I can't wait to play it. It sucks that it was really announced now so far out. I mean I always knew there would be another Bioshock but knowing that we have to wait until 2012 is such a tease.
AtWarWithAmeliaLOL
Time Husk
16,678 Posts
30/M/NA

offline   (1)
August 15 2010 12:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Wesley Gibson

didnt play any of these games, wont play this one either

Why not?
Jim McGuire
Clarity
5,610 Posts