August 7 2017 12:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Cumby
Time Husk
8,372 Posts
29/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (4)
August 7 2017 1:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: martinibennet

Hello guys! I see that there are real movie fans here. I want to participate in your discussion! As for me, I like science fiction. Several years ago I was impressed by Interstellar. Of course, everything is far from being scientifically sound, but it's still fresh and exciting.

Nice
Carlo_HC
hardcore for life
23,139 Posts
34/M/NA

offline   (1)
August 9 2017 8:37 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

Carlo_HC
hardcore for life
23,139 Posts
34/M/NA

offline   (1)
August 14 2017 9:14 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

Cumby
Time Husk
8,372 Posts
29/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (4)
August 14 2017 9:15 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
That movie was difficult to watch
Carlo_HC
hardcore for life
23,139 Posts
34/M/NA

offline   (1)
August 14 2017 9:20 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
to put it mildly. didn't liked it.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
25,432 Posts
30/M/IL

offline  mobile reply   (11)
August 14 2017 10:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Wind River was difficult to watch, because of the heavy subject matter. Great movie though.
Carlo_HC
hardcore for life
23,139 Posts
34/M/NA

offline   (1)
August 15 2017 6:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Carlo_HC
hardcore for life
23,139 Posts
34/M/NA

offline   (1)
August 16 2017 8:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Carlo_HC
hardcore for life
23,139 Posts
34/M/NA

offline   (1)
August 18 2017 3:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Carlo_HC
hardcore for life
23,139 Posts
34/M/NA

offline   (1)
August 19 2017 12:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Solomon Grundy
want pants too
479 Posts
35/M/NA

offline   (1)
August 20 2017 7:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

This was not that great. So far, only Daredevil has been consistently really good out of these Netflix/Marvel series, though I am still holding out hope for Jon Bernthal as The Punisher as he seemed like a perfect casting choice and was great in the Daredevil episodes he was in, and if his series' writing quality is at the same level, it should be decent.
In descending order of quality, i would go:

1.] Daredevil - great cast, great writing, nice complex well-paced story layout

2.] Luke Cage - ok cast, ok to mediocre writing, ok to slow predictable story layout

3.] Iron Fist - ok to limp soap opera-level cast, mediocre writing, mediocre story development

4.] Jessica Jones - meh, meh, and more meh. Krysten Ritter was annoying in Breaking Bad but that was ok because her character was supposed to be an unlikable Yoko-type climber. She plays Jessica Jones almost the same, with maybe a few more slouches and smirks, probably because that's the extent of her range, but the problem is that JJ is a way more interesting character than she seems capable of giving life to. She's promoted as a sex symbol and she does have a nice ass, but that's not really enough to carry a series. David Tenant was ok, but featured more like an expensive added ingredient than an integral part of the whole. Not that any of that would have mattered as much if the writing had been a little better, well, much better.

The biggest problem with The Defenders was that these were the components it was put together from, and they were uneven in quality at best. The Daredevil elements were ok, but diluted by the whole, and the rest were kind of just weak versions of their already weak selves.
Solomon Grundy
want pants too
479 Posts
35/M/NA

offline   (1)
August 20 2017 7:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Lifetime74
Woooo!
27,711 Posts
42/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (13)
August 21 2017 12:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Solomon Grundy

This was not that great. So far, only Daredevil has been consistently really good out of these Netflix/Marvel series, though I am still holding out hope for Jon Bernthal as The Punisher as he seemed like a perfect casting choice and was great in the Daredevil episodes he was in, and if his series' writing quality is at the same level, it should be decent.
In descending order of quality, i would go:

1.] Daredevil - great cast, great writing, nice complex well-paced story layout

2.] Luke Cage - ok cast, ok to mediocre writing, ok to slow predictable story layout

3.] Iron Fist - ok to limp soap opera-level cast, mediocre writing, mediocre story development

4.] Jessica Jones - meh, meh, and more meh. Krysten Ritter was annoying in Breaking Bad but that was ok because her character was supposed to be an unlikable Yoko-type climber. She plays Jessica Jones almost the same, with maybe a few more slouches and smirks, probably because that's the extent of her range, but the problem is that JJ is a way more interesting character than she seems capable of giving life to. She's promoted as a sex symbol and she does have a nice ass, but that's not really enough to carry a series. David Tenant was ok, but featured more like an expensive added ingredient than an integral part of the whole. Not that any of that would have mattered as much if the writing had been a little better, well, much better.

The biggest problem with The Defenders was that these were the components it was put together from, and they were uneven in quality at best. The Daredevil elements were ok, but diluted by the whole, and the rest were kind of just weak versions of their already weak selves.

Yeah, myself and the people we were watching with on Saturday thought it was kind of weak.
Lifetime74
Woooo!
27,711 Posts
42/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (13)
August 21 2017 12:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
forum Arts & Entertainment ›› the movie thread ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: the movie thread

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics