forum Do It Yourself Help/Tips ›› Give me all of your old crappy t shirts ›› new reply Post Reply
cole

boy spock
13,441 Posts
32/F/PA

offline   (22)
May 5 2010 1:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

making recycled t shirt reusable bags, selling them for like $0.50- $1.00 and donating the money to a local animal shelter.
DoonSauce
Vastness&Sorrow
300 Posts
30/M/MD

offline   (16)
May 5 2010 1:42 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I have like 20 old band tshirts that I don't wear anymore if you're interested.
Yodel Toast
que te follen
20,134 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (14)
May 5 2010 1:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
those shirts don't look old or crappy, they look nice!

I have to go through Bryan's band tees this weekend, I'll hit you up if he decides to part with any of them, I just gave a bag of stuff to Goodwill or I'd already have stuff to help ya.
cole
boy spock
13,441 Posts
32/F/PA

offline   (22)
May 5 2010 1:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Thanks guys! I'm definitely interested in anything anyone has to offer! PM me if you are willing to send them and I can send you my address. I just sent a bunch of stuff to goodwill too, then thought about this after the fact. The shirts I made were actually all old longsleeved shirts that fit funny, either too short in the sleeves or waist.

I am messing around with tyedying the really boring ones with smashed up berries and other fun stuff I can find in my kitchen. I have a raspberry died white shirt drying out back now!
cole
boy spock
13,441 Posts
32/F/PA

offline   (22)
May 5 2010 1:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: alli

hey girl, where did you get the pattern at? it looks pretty simple, i think i could figure it out... but if you have a link to a pattern, let me know

it's real simple- turn the shirt inside out, sew the bottom seam then cut off the sleeves, cut the neck hole a little bigger, flip it rightside out and you are done.

I threw in a few extra stitches to make the bottoms squared off rather than just flat but it isn't necessary
ulrikesdream
Time Husk
336 Posts
45/N/A/AK

offline   (3)
November 9 2013 7:28 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
cool initiative.
forum Do It Yourself Help/Tips ›› Give me all of your old crappy t shirts ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Give me all of your old crappy t shirts

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?