forum Do It Yourself Help/Tips ›› Beer Recommendations ›› new reply Post Reply
Billy Crystals

The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
31/M/WI

offline   (2)
May 4 2010 11:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
In this thread recommend beer/breweries you think others should try or seek out.

Mikkeller- Beer Geek Breakfast

I had read a lot about this beer/brewery and this was my first sampling of their brews. Goddamn astounding, a perfect coffee stout in my eyes. I can't recommend this enough. Well worth the $7 you'll pay for a bottle of it. It's like a great American craft brewery relocated to Norway.

One of my favorite wheat/wit beers ever....and it's from Japan. Amazing flavor and packaging makes for one of my favorite beers of all time. I'll shell out good money to drink this wonderful nectar.
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
31/M/WI

offline   (2)
May 4 2010 11:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Goose Island surpass the Bourbon County Stout with this. If you can find this on the East Coast definitely purchase it. Buy 2 like I did, drink one and cellar the other. Marvelous beer that will make you all kinds of happy.
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
31/M/WI

offline   (2)
May 4 2010 11:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

A "whale" if there was one. Hunt it down if you can because it's so worth it. Bought myself a 4 pack and they are going in the cellar. The single bottle I bought later on and drank was amazing. Poured it into a snifter, like you should you fuck, and got a massive whiff of maple bourbon barrels like I should. Caved aged in barrel for almost a year Nemesis is worth the price you'll pay for it.
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
31/M/WI

offline   (2)
May 4 2010 11:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Another beer from the awesome, always amazing Founders that is worth tracking down and paying for. Essentially a barrel aged version of their Breakfast Stout but still so much more. I've been lucky enough to have this on tap. Buy a couple of bottles like me and cellar a few to see what sort of awesome things (may) happen to this brew.
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
31/M/WI

offline   (2)
May 4 2010 11:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

If you find a six pack of this, buy it and cellar most of it. I've got 4 bottle chilling out below ground as of right now but even then fresh out of the bottle the 2010 edition is awesome. If you've never had a barely wine I would say this is great place to start, at least in terms of American styles. Sip and savor.
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
31/M/WI

offline   (2)
May 4 2010 11:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

It's a pilsner but tastes like so much more. Goes beyond the "usual" pilsner taste and becomes something that's worth plunking down the extra cash for. This and Old Rasputin makes North Coast a top brewery for me.
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
31/M/WI

offline   (2)
May 4 2010 11:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I love Stone Brewery and here is one of my favorites.

Barley wine and so fucking awesome. Grab a few bottles because you'll need them. I've got three cellared for a vertical tasting in the not so distant future.
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
31/M/WI

offline   (2)
May 4 2010 11:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

If you are outside Wisconsin you wont be able to get this. Shit, even if you are in Wisconsin you'll have a hard time getting this. The aroma that comes off of this "beer" is amazing, dried fruit and bourbon in the best possible ways. If you are ever in my neck of the woods do seek this out, or for that matter any of Central Waters offerings.
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
31/M/WI

offline   (2)
May 4 2010 11:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

More barely wine and from PA no less. Fucking awesome output by the great Weyerbacher brewery, wish I could get more of their brews here but I'm happy with my 3 bottles of this.
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
31/M/WI

offline   (2)
May 4 2010 11:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Great Lake's Blackout Stout

Out now in 4 packs, it lives up to its name. A big ole Imperial stout well worth your dollars. Think Old Rasputin then kiss the floor after indulging.
kyle_n
cumb0ner
14,005 Posts
29/M/PA

offline     (5)
May 4 2010 11:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
founders breakfast is pretty good if you're into that stuff. not my thing personally though.
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
31/M/WI

offline   (2)
May 4 2010 11:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

You'll drop over $14 a 6 pack for it but it's well worth it. I've thankfully been able to have it on tap and it was amazing, but then of course it's great out of the bottle too. An imperial IPA and oh so wonderful. Hops and honey and my dick is rock hard.
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
31/M/WI

offline   (2)
May 4 2010 11:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: kyle_n

founders breakfast is pretty good if you're into that stuff. not my thing personally though.

It's definitely something I'll have one or two at the max of. The Kentucky Breakfast Stout is amazingly good though.
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
31/M/WI

offline   (2)
May 4 2010 11:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

I posted about the coffee version of this before but once again Goose Island knocks it out of the park. I drop $10 a bottle on this at a local establishment on the regular and it is so worth it. Pour and sip and enjoy.
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
31/M/WI

offline   (2)
May 4 2010 11:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: alli

if youre ever in the 'port, go to the bullfrog brewery.

Link their site and keep in mind I'm far away.
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
31/M/WI

offline   (2)
May 4 2010 11:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

For some reason I only recently got around to having this. Very good but pricey (as most great Belgian beers are) and definitely worth expending some cash on. A strong ale with some hops and sweetness to it, pour and enjoy.
forum Do It Yourself Help/Tips ›› Beer Recommendations ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Beer Recommendations

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?