forum Politics and Society ›› Jesus Christ and Public Healthcare ›› new reply Post Reply
lottery hypnosis

Prof. Mammalchicke
2,064 Posts
11/M/PA

offline   (3)
August 18 2009 1:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Matthew 4:23-25
And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people. Then His fame went throughout all Syria; and they brought to Him all sick people who were afflicted with various diseases and torments, and those who were demon-possessed, epileptics, and paralytics; and He healed them. Great multitudes followed Him from Galilee, and from Decapolis, Jerusalem, Judea, and beyond the Jordan.

Matthew 8:14-17
Now when Jesus had come into Peter's house, He saw his wife's mother lying sick with a fever. So He touched her hand, and the fever left her. And she arose and served them. When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: "He Himself took our infirmities And bore our sicknesses."

Luke 4:40
When the sun was setting, all those who had any that were sick with various diseases brought them to Him; and He laid His hands on every one of them and healed them.

Luke 4:38-39
Now He arose from the synagogue and entered Simon's house. But Simon's wife's mother was sick with a high fever, and they made request of Him concerning her.

Mark 8:23-25
So He took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the town. And when He had spit on his eyes and put His hands on him, He asked him if he saw anything. And he looked up and said, "I see men like trees, walking." Then He put His hands on his eyes again and made him look up. And he was restored and saw everyone clearly.

Luke 17:12-14
Then as He entered a certain village, there met Him ten men who were lepers, who stood afar off. And they lifted up their voices and said, "Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!" So when He saw them, He said to them, "Go, show yourselves to the priests." And so it was that as they went, they were cleansed.

Luke 9:11
But when the multitudes knew it, they followed Him; and He received them and spoke to them about the kingdom of God, and healed those who had need of healing.

Mark 1:40-45
Now a leper came to Him, imploring Him, kneeling down to Him and saying to Him, "If You are willing, You can make me clean." Then Jesus, moved with compassion, stretched out His hand and touched him, and said to him, "I am willing; be cleansed." As soon as He had spoken, immediately the leprosy left him, and he was cleansed. And He strictly warned him and sent him away at once, and said to him, "See that you say nothing to anyone; but go your way, show yourself to the priest, and offer for your cleansing those things which Moses commanded, as a testimony to them." However, he went out and began to proclaim it freely, and to spread
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,474 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (26)
August 18 2009 1:31 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I hope this is a joke.
a more accurate title to this thread should be "Jesus Christ Supports Doctors and Getting Well"
Tim E. Husk
slavar som djur
19,098 Posts
51/M/NA

online   (1)
August 18 2009 1:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
the christian response is - "but jesus was a man, not a government, therefore all people who wish to be christlike should go out take care of people so we don't need institutionalized healthcare in the first place."

lol.
lottery hypnosis
Prof. Mammalchicke
2,064 Posts
11/M/PA

offline   (3)
August 18 2009 1:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:paradelights

I hope this is a joke.
a more accurate title to this thread should be "Jesus Christ Supports Doctors and Getting Well"

lol. that didn't take long. you and your fellow republican 'christians' are hypocrites and not very christ-like.
lottery hypnosis
Prof. Mammalchicke
2,064 Posts
11/M/PA

offline   (3)
August 18 2009 1:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:adam.

the christian response is - "but jesus was a man, not a government, therefore all people who wish to be christlike should go out take care of people so we don't need institutionalized healthcare in the first place."

lol.

pretty much dead-on, and it only took a few minutes.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,474 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (26)
August 18 2009 1:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:lottery hypnosis

I hope this is a joke.

lol. that didn't take long. you and your fellow republican 'christians' are hypocrites and not very christ-like.

what the heck are you talking about crunkmoose? why am I not very Christ like? The second purpose in my life is the second greatest commandment in the bible, love others as yourself. how is that not Christ like?

You're just trying to pick a fight. I'm out.
lottery hypnosis
Prof. Mammalchicke
2,064 Posts
11/M/PA

offline   (3)
August 18 2009 1:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
because christ never hesitated to help the sick and never asked for payment, and you and your tribe are doing everything you can to leave the poor out in the cold on healthcare. a bit of a contradiction there.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,474 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (26)
August 18 2009 1:58 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Universal healthcare is NOT without payment. Furthermore, me and my kind don't believe it's the governments responsibility to take care of them, it's OUR responsibility. Furthermore, it's our responsibility to love them and pray for them rather than pass the buck to the government like you want to do.

Get it right moose.
Tim E. Husk
slavar som djur
19,098 Posts
51/M/NA

online   (1)
August 18 2009 2:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
love and prayers don't heal people, and charities obviously aren't able to give nearly enough people help.

Kadesh
Kadesh
37,474 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (26)
August 18 2009 2:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Actually, prayers do heal people. I've seen it and to be "CHRIST-LIKE" That's what needs to be done along with being able to keep your own wages (rather than give them to the government) and get your own healthcare. Those who can't provide should be able to call on the church.
lottery hypnosis
Prof. Mammalchicke
2,064 Posts
11/M/PA

offline   (3)
August 18 2009 2:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Universal healthcare is NOT without payment. Furthermore, me and my kind don't believe it's the governments responsibility to take care of them, it's OUR responsibility. Furthermore, it's our responsibility to love them and pray for them rather than pass the buck to the government like you want to do.

Get it right moose.

we ARE the government in this country, you idiot. there's no passing of the buck - we are the buck, the buck stops right here. if you want to help the poor get healthcare, you would support a public option; if you don't, you try to derail it and protect the interests of the insurance companies and Mammon.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,474 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (26)
August 18 2009 2:06 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
The reason people feel like they need to be baby fed by the government is out of fear of the lack of security.
lottery hypnosis
Prof. Mammalchicke
2,064 Posts
11/M/PA

offline   (3)
August 18 2009 2:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

The reason people feel like they need to be baby fed by the government is out of fear of the lack of security.

you are cold, heartless, and anti-christ-like to say this when 45,000 people in this country are dying unnecessarily from treatable diseases every year because they lack proper healthcare. christ would spit on you just as surely as he threw the moneychangers out of the temple.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,504 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
August 18 2009 2:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Get it right moose.

A. that wasn't me, stupid.

B. Yeah... you can tell by the way Christians helped us have no health crisis in the first place.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,504 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
August 18 2009 2:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:lottery hypnosis

you are cold, heartless, and anti-christian to say this when millions of poor people in this country are dying unnecessarily from treatable diseases because they lack proper healthcare. christ would spit on you just as surely as he threw the moneychangers out of the temple.

Hey, its their fault! They just aren't praying hard enough.

Prayer may heal... but I'm still going to go to the doctor as a first resort, thank you.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,474 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (26)
August 18 2009 2:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
forum Politics and Society ›› Jesus Christ and Public Healthcare ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Jesus Christ and Public Healthcare

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?