forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Fitness advice for everyone. ›› new reply Post Reply
Barabbas

The Trouble Maker
10,450 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (10)
July 6 2009 8:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Workout Tips For Everyone

If you go to a public gym wipe down the equipment. You can and will get herpes from the apparatus. I was surprised to learn this morning that some people didn't know this.

If you shower at the gym always have your own bottles of soap and shampoo, flip-flops and a fresh towel, clean underwear and a clean change of clothes. Flip-flops in any other circumstance are prohibited unless you are a woman or a small child.

If you can't calf raise 1000 pounds do something else because the weight you're doing isn't going to help you. If you snap your achilles, back it off a little but stay above 1000 pounds.

Don't neglect your traps. In my opinion shrugs should be done constantly. They are one of those muscles you can't work out enough. I carry a bag of tube sand with me at all times. 80lbs. It's cheap and you can add lead shot to it to increase the weight but once increased,
it should never be decreased. Walk around shrugging it. If you are browsing the mall, shrug it. If you are waiting for your car to be detailed, shrug it. Some weight vests can accommodate up to 100 pounds these are more discreet and comfortable. Kettle bells are also good for walking around shrugs but I don't vouch for the fad of kettle bell workouts. This may result in a female phisique similar to Karen Voight.

Be wary of squats. Squats have always been a catch twenty-two. Squat too light and your legs will look like string beans. Squat too much and you risk spontaneous rupture of the anus with prolapse. Not good. If you cannot remember to keep your anus clenched throughout the movement place a playing card between the cheeks of your ass. If you drop the card during the squat your form is not safe. I discourage backing off weight, however, this is one instance you can afford to fuck around. If you don't believe me google "prolapse".

Thick grip bars are a must. I know a lot of people avoid thicker grip bars because of homophobia but I don't believe you can achieve credible results with anything less than a four inch diameter journeyman's bar.

If you want to toughen up a bit and learn to take a good punch have a buddy pull back one of the arms of the pec deck and let it smash you in the face. Keep the weight low. I lost a workout partner this way. Smashed his nose in something awful. He looks like Jimmy Durante now. Four sets of ten are about right for this exercise.

Nutrition is key. I loaned some of this advice out on here before but I'll reiterate incase some missed it or have forgotten.

You should always have a carbohydrate or protein reserve in your cheek. Brown rice or chopped steak can be stored in your cheek for a situation like mid bench press when you need a little extra blast. If you have a hard time storing food in your cheeks for long lengths of time wrapping the meat or carbohydrate in a tea bag may help ease your gag reflex.

Vegetables cleanse the colon. I like to boil them then take the boiled water with the vegetable juice and put it in a humidifier so I can absorb more vitamins whilst I sleep.

Two things you should never be without by your bedside... dehydrated beef cubes and a steamer filled with brown rice. If you awake in the middle of the night you should consume a cup each of the rice and beef cubes.

I can go on all day but this is just what is on the top of my head. Let me know what is on your mind or if you need help in any specific areas.
talking shit
talking shit
8,982 Posts
14/M/NA

offline   (4)
July 6 2009 8:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I doubt you know what your talking about..I would ask Aaron brickhouse if i need tips
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
197,333 Posts
34/M/PA

online     (23)
July 6 2009 8:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
This is wrong, all wrong. Just huff dust off while working out, live forever
Bonsai
be here now.
5,281 Posts
29/F/PA

offline   (10)
July 6 2009 9:06 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Some of the best advice ever posted on pahc.
WREN
Wolfman
48,519 Posts
31/M/PA

online   (19)
July 7 2009 7:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm debating making this a sticky thread.
Barabbas
The Trouble Maker
10,450 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (10)
July 7 2009 11:37 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Avoid wheat bread and soy. Both of these create estrogen which is counter-productive in building lean muscle.
Matti Frost
The Winter's Wrath
7,880 Posts
41/M/PA

offline     (23)
July 8 2009 2:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Barabbas
Flip-flops in any other circumstance are prohibited unless you are a woman or a small child.

Even then, nobody should be working out in flip-flops. I have a burning desire to drop a 25-lb plate on their toes when I see that shit.

If you can't calf raise 1000 pounds do something else because the weight you're doing isn't going to help you. If you snap your achilles, back it off a little but stay above 1000 pounds.

Hehehe... calf raises and leg presses- useless exercises.

Be wary of squats. Squats have always been a catch twenty-two. Squat too light and your legs will look like string beans. Squat too much and you risk spontaneous rupture of the anus with prolapse. Not good. If you cannot remember to keep your anus clenched throughout the movement place a playing card between the cheeks of your ass. If you drop the card during the squat your form is not safe. I discourage backing off weight, however, this is one instance you can afford to fuck around. If you don't believe me google "prolapse".

Or 'pink sock'.

Let me add a few more:

1. You should always do bent-over barbell rows standing almost straight up with an underhand grip. You will get a whopping 2" range of motion and unlimited development of your lower lats.

2. If your gym has bumper plates, it's imperative to use them on a Smith-machine. I mean, why waste them doing cleans or snatches, when you can put them on a counterweighted sliding bar that doesn't come close to the floor? You will look edgy and different.

3. The gym is the perfect time to catch up on all your cell phone conversations. Why not multi-task when doing a set of curls and purchase that stock option? You don't even need a bluetooth, just cradle your handset in between that mountainous trapezius while you concentration-curl that 20-lb dumbbell.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
197,333 Posts
34/M/PA

online     (23)
July 8 2009 2:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
a+ thread

also, make sure to save your head and waddle through the gym without ever moving your shoulders. everyone else will get out of your way. besides, you can barely fit your big ass roid chin and nose through the door anyway, so they better get out of the way.
Thrones
743 Posts
M/NA

offline   (1)
July 8 2009 8:31 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Barabbas
shrugs. shrugging it. shrug it. shrug it. shrugs.

shutyourmouth
I buried my heart
1,886 Posts
32/F/MA

offline   (12)
August 3 2009 5:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
food storage in cheeks would be so ideal.
ass nipples
old dancing boy
34,988 Posts
29/M/PA

online   (7)
August 11 2009 6:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:cbrickhouse

c-wizard
C-Wizard
4,191 Posts
26/M/OH

offline   (9)
August 11 2009 6:55 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Barabbas

Avoid wheat bread and soy. Both of these create estrogen which is counter-productive in building lean muscle.

no shit?
brian.
new cocks
131,940 Posts
30/M/IL

offline   (9)
August 11 2009 10:06 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

You should always have a carbohydrate or protein reserve in your cheek. Brown rice or chopped steak can be stored in your cheek for a situation like mid bench press when you need a little extra blast. If you have a hard time storing food in your cheeks for long lengths of time wrapping the meat or carbohydrate in a tea bag may help ease your gag reflex.

i always like to put in a lipper of chopped flank steak before i workout
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
197,333 Posts
34/M/PA

online     (23)
August 12 2009 9:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: VISIONARY

no shit?

Originally posted by: BroadStreetBully

Originally posted by:cbrickhouse

cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
197,333 Posts
34/M/PA

online     (23)
August 12 2009 9:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
wow, rofl forever @ this

Originally posted by: Blackhearts08

Talk to a trainer at your local gym. Don;t listen to what people on forums have to say.

WREN
Wolfman
48,519 Posts
31/M/PA

online   (19)
August 12 2009 9:54 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I have more experience in fitness than most Personal Trainers at the big gyms like Bally's and LA Fitness. They get certified after a 3 day course.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Fitness advice for everyone. ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Fitness advice for everyone.

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band