forum Do It Yourself Help/Tips ›› like bourbon, try this ›› new reply Post Reply
Captain Ahab

HONKY TONK BLUES
43,926 Posts
35/M/PA

online   (18)
May 22 2008 11:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

click here for link

damn smooth!!!!!! great flavor! bout $40 for a bottle.
jimmy tazer
i am the news
3,746 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (5)
May 22 2008 11:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i had it when i was a bartender.....excellent shit
Erie Ed
Dog pound
20,398 Posts
31/M/OH

offline   (21)
May 25 2008 10:12 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
O RLY?
nobodygotstylelikeus
Time Husk
8,368 Posts
F/NA

offline   (1)
July 12 2013 12:00 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Just did a search for bourbon and found this thread - Sorry for the old bump.

Been looking for something new to try so I'll give Woodford a shot - I keep going back to my OR's (Makers, Makers 46, Eagle Rare), so might as well switch it up a little.

Anyone tried Blanton's before? I'm always tempted to purge and give it a try but hesitant due to the price and reviews. I prefer drinking neat and it seems like the heavier proofs always have a better aroma, consistency and mouth feel when diluted.
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
31/M/WI

offline   (2)
July 12 2013 11:12 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: nobodygotstylelikeus

Just did a search for bourbon and found this thread - Sorry for the old bump.

Been looking for something new to try so I'll give Woodford a shot - I keep going back to my OR's (Makers, Makers 46, Eagle Rare), so might as well switch it up a little.

Anyone tried Blanton's before? I'm always tempted to purge and give it a try but hesitant due to the price and reviews. I prefer drinking neat and it seems like the heavier proofs always have a better aroma, consistency and mouth feel when diluted.

In terms of higher priced bourbons it's definitely worth it. I'd go with Pappy Van Winkle over it if it's available but otherwise Blanton's is a good option. My go-to bourbon is still Buffalo Trace though, can't beat it for the quality and price.
Vigitt
Time Husk
43 Posts
23/M/NA

July 12 2013 3:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I have never been a huge fan of Bourban, but I did try this at a friends house not too long ago and it was outstanding. I'd buy a bottle which is saying a lot because I usually don't stray from buying vodka when I do buy hard liquor.
forum Do It Yourself Help/Tips ›› like bourbon, try this ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: like bourbon, try this

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?