forum Politics and Society ›› UFO's and shit.. ›› new reply Post Reply
Tim E. Husk
slavar som djur
19,086 Posts
51/M/NA

offline   (1)
July 29 2011 5:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I never was one to ban someone and then peak at their posts anyway. Sorry, Matt.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,474 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (26)
July 29 2011 5:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dickscraper

i hate when people say "it's not possible to do so and so."

because we know everything already.

People say this only when they know that believing both at the same time would be a contradiction. Like you can't have a "true lie" because the definition of true is: being in accordance with the actual state or conditions; conforming to reality or fact and the definition of a lie is: a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth. The can't both exist to describe the same subject. They contradict.

not possible.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
24,601 Posts
29/M/IL

offline   (11)
July 29 2011 5:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i'm sorry you may have gone over my head there
Dickscraper
dickacraper
24,601 Posts
29/M/IL

offline   (11)
July 29 2011 5:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
are you saying faster than light travel is or isn't possible?
crunkmoose
Netflx n chilli
24,467 Posts
61/M/MA

offline   (9)
July 29 2011 10:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Kadesh

If aliens existed and have been showing themselves, why don't we have more hard evidence? All we have is visual evidence. You'd think by now, the would be openly in our population, not hiding. It's been to long. Instead they show themselves obviously in the sky for a bit more than 60 years. Why won't they meet us? It would be for their benefit. I say, eyes can be tricked. For many years there have been "ghost sightings" too. Maybe they're all the same thing. I mean the bible pins these things down, and it's a book a couple thousand years old! 2 Corinthians 11:14

And yet you have relied on far less proof for ghosts and contemporary dinosaurs.
And when you say the bible pins these things down, what you really mean is the bible says vague stuff that could be interpreted as being about the same thing.
crunkmoose
Netflx n chilli
24,467 Posts
61/M/MA

offline   (9)
July 29 2011 10:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

the chances for life happening in another place are astronomical. Forget life even evolving. What are the chances for a Habitable Zone. http://www.universetoday.com/32622/habitable-zone/
click here for link

earth
click here for link

But, of course, you completely disregard physics to insist your god exists and created everything. So, why couldn't he have just created some other folks on other planets, too? Once you go down the road of "god did it" you can pretty much believe anything as long as you are willing to ascribe it to god.
DennisQ
who-bah-stank
24,541 Posts
31/M/NY

offline   (2)
July 29 2011 11:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: crunkmoose

Why won't they meet us? It would be for their benefit.

Oh yea the universe has to be DYING to meet us.
billy ray cyrus, MD
slugger
1,780 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (13)
July 29 2011 11:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
^matt especially.
crunkmoose
Netflx n chilli
24,467 Posts
61/M/MA

offline   (9)
July 29 2011 11:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: DennisQ

No, shit. I mean, we've done so well just meeting other people of our own species. I'm sure they would love to be seen as virgin territory for religious nutjobs to convert and for corporate vultures to exploit.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,474 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (26)
July 30 2011 4:09 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

If aliens existed and have been showing themselves, why don't we have more hard evidence? All we have is visual evidence. You'd think by now, the would be openly in our population, not hiding. It's been to long. Instead they show themselves obviously in the sky for a bit more than 60 years. Why won't they meet us? It would be for their benefit. I say, eyes can be tricked. For many years there have been "ghost sightings" too. Maybe they're all the same thing. I mean the bible pins these things down, and it's a book a couple thousand years old! 2 Corinthians 11:14

And yet you have relied on far less proof for ghosts and contemporary dinosaurs.
And when you say the bible pins these things down, what you really mean is the bible says vague stuff that could be interpreted as being about the same thing.

well "angel of light" is pretty straight forward. It's saying satan makes himself look like a lighted object or figuratively makes himself look good to attract people to him like he's the best deal. Like cheese on a mouse trap. Looks good but it is actually going to snap shut on you.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,474 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (26)
July 30 2011 4:17 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

the chances for life happening in another place are astronomical. Forget life even evolving. What are the chances for a Habitable Zone. http://www.universetoday.com/32622/habitable-zone/
click here for link

earth
click here for link

But, of course, you completely disregard physics to insist your god exists and created everything. So, why couldn't he have just created some other folks on other planets, too? Once you go down the road of "god did it" you can pretty much believe anything as long as you are willing to ascribe it to god.

just doesn't cope with what the bible says. that theologically doesn't make sense....if the bible is God's word, it is true with all and everything and being created.This would be universally true. You think I haven't thought of this stuff. Maybe that says I'm a bible nerd. Awesome.

romans 6:10
"The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God."

to save aliens to bring them to God, God would need to become like them and die as one of them. It says "once and for all."
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,474 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (26)
July 30 2011 4:19 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: DennisQ

well if they show themselves, why not go the whole way?
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,474 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (26)
July 30 2011 4:28 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
moose, I have reason to believe God really exists. Like through experience.
Dianana
8====D
64,997 Posts
34/F/PA

online  mobile reply   (8)
July 30 2011 7:18 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Matt, you're fucking nuts.
blackeyes
100%
46,679 Posts
31/M/AK

offline   (5)