forum Politics and Society ›› N. Korea warns of nuclear response ›› new reply Post Reply
brian,
husking time
2,037 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (3)
July 26 2010 4:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

nuclear snipe
kyle_n
cumb0ner
14,005 Posts
30/M/PA

offline     (5)
July 26 2010 4:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
epic
LastOnePicked
in all my unglory
14,470 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (4)
July 26 2010 5:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Lament Configuration

Originally posted by: LastOnePicked

Take, for example, the crotch-bomb attempt. Over a year into Obama's presidency, i don't wanna hear that bush's terrorism policy was a clusterfuck. As far as i'm concerned...every knows bush's policies were full of fuckups...and terrorism policy should be one of the first areas they looked at to fix.

True, but remember, the crotch bomber also failed. I know that's an inconvenient fact to the Rush Limbaugh's and the Glen Beck's of the world that want to run with this as a talking point, but the truth is, because of the anti-terrorism policies we have in place, it is incredibly difficult to get a bomb or a weapon on an airplane now. And, contrary to the lore of television action-drama, MacGyver isn't a real person and the level of knowledge and practical science necessary to perform a complex chemical process and build an explosive device - while on a plane - is frankly beyond most Ph.d's, let alone the kind of random lowbrow desert rats that get sent on suicide missions.

But mostly, we got lucky. I believe Obama referred to it as a "systemic failure," and i just think that (keeping in mind that bush left him a lot of shit to fix) terrorism is a pretty important area, and might be a good place to start fixing the fuckups of your predecessor.
senni
Time Husk
7 Posts
38/M/NA

offline   (1)
July 26 2010 5:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
im scared! if N. Korea do kick off! the whole world will get dragged into that F##ker!
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
35/M/NA

offline   (4)
July 26 2010 7:57 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
bush personally smeared the shit on that guy, bush told that girl to pose in front of the corpse, etc, sorry guys, you're right, i'm wrong, bush did it all, we're beyond repair, we elected bush to two terms so america is destined to fail for the rest of eternity, can't fix a single thing that bush even thought about looking at, my bad
white trash dirt bag
pass the whore
2,166 Posts
34/M/NA

offline   (6)
July 26 2010 8:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Kevlar Moneyclips

bush personally smeared the shit on that guy, bush told that girl to pose in front of the corpse, etc, sorry guys, you're right, i'm wrong, bush did it all, we're beyond repair, we elected bush to two terms so america is destined to fail for the rest of eternity, can't fix a single thing that bush even thought about looking at, my bad

no, only a child would think that. when adults refer to bush, they are talking about the bush administration, not the singular man. we all know that dick cheney and donald rumsfeld had much more power over things than george bush ever had, as did the net sum of people working for them. george bush was the face of the administration, not the heart or the body, and certainly not the brain.
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
35/M/NA

offline   (4)
July 26 2010 8:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Truman pulled his money from the stock market, told everyone it was a scam, dropped the bomb and retired, leaving a legacy as the last actual Man to be elected to some kind of important office in this country.

FDR sold us out and you guys have been sucking the balls of big government ever since.
Toilet Fleet
VoxRepublica.com
1,699 Posts
34/M/NY

July 26 2010 9:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I don't know why people bother reading articles from U.S. imperialist dogs when you can go straight to THE SOURCE. Also, I love how these North Korean news articles read like they're from a very straight-faced version of The Onion.

Warmongers to Meet Stern Punishment
Pyongyang, July 25 (KCNA) -- The U.S. imperialists finally kicked off large-scale joint naval maneuvers together with the south Korean puppet army in the East Sea of Korea, defying strong protest of the Korean and other world people.

They came under fire by a signed article of Rodong Sinmun Sunday which says:

It is the strategic goal of the U.S. imperialists to ignite another Korean war and stifle the DPRK by force of arms and thus establish military domination over Asia.

War has been averted and peace been preserved so far on the Korean Peninsula thanks to the positive efforts made by the DPRK to defend peace.

The past history showed what miserable ends the warmongers met.

Wars of aggression launched by the imperialists brought unspeakable disaster and catastrophic consequences to the people but the provocateurs suffered shameful defeat in the end.

History knows no precedent of aggressors who met good ends.

The U.S. imperialist warmongers are making a big talk about "preemptive nuclear attack" and "surprise strike" but such rhetoric will never work on the DPRK.

The DPRK is prepared for any war of aggression to be launched by the U.S. imperialists.

If the U.S. dares ignite a war of aggression against the DPRK obsessed with war hysteria, the army and people of the DPRK will fully settle accounts with the U.S. imperialists, their sworn enemy.

Also, anybody that blames any of North Korea's blustering on anything other than the Juche national mythology is really misguided. It predated Obama and G.W. Bush, and will continue so long as Juche holds sway. Fingers crossed that Kim Jong-un is even more batshit than his father (and ascends to his rightful place as General Secretary)!
brian,
husking time
2,037 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (3)
July 26 2010 11:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Kevlar Moneyclips

Truman pulled his money from the stock market, told everyone it was a scam, dropped the bomb and retired, leaving a legacy as the last actual Man to be elected to some kind of important office in this country.

FDR sold us out and you guys have been sucking the balls of big government ever since.

lol. what the fuck does that have to do with anything in this thread? you're a fucking moron. lolol
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
35/M/NA

offline   (4)
July 26 2010 11:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
its a point made about how we haven't been anywhere near a good president in fifty years but you guys are quibbling like its been a good bushel of apples with one or two bad ones
kyle_n
cumb0ner
14,005 Posts
30/M/PA

offline     (5)
July 27 2010 12:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
fdr got shit done. prior to that my personal fav will always be the underrated woodrow wilson.
tom.
^__^
62,525 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (5)
July 27 2010 12:33 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
brian,
husking time
2,037 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (3)
July 27 2010 12:49 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: kyle_n

fdr got shit done. prior to that my personal fav will always be the underrated woodrow wilson.

more of a teddy roosevelt fan myself, but they were both great.

but if it weren't for fdr, we'd probably have lost ww2 as none of the other contenders could have transformed industry toward the war effort the way he did, and as quickly. the prewar stuff like the wpa wasn't so bad either.

but lol@ some community college dropout criticizing one of the greatest political minds of the 20th century. you're superior to everything when you've got a few beers in you and listening to skrewdriver.
brian,
husking time
2,037 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (3)
July 27 2010 12:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

better than you.
brian,
husking time
2,037 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (3)
July 27 2010 12:57 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

hitler snipe
forum Politics and Society ›› N. Korea warns of nuclear response ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: N. Korea warns of nuclear response

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?