forum Arts & Entertainment ›› the movie thread ›› new reply Post Reply
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,382 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (13)
May 22 2010 9:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i decided to turn over and watch glenn beck.
i have never watched a whole programme of his before. he is probably the most irritating man i've ever seen. so smarmy and wrong. actually worse than bill o'reilly, which is incredible.
HornieBoi69
schweppes4twomp
1,287 Posts
7/M/OH

offline   (3)
May 22 2010 9:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
If i could transform into Cam'ron, i would. That is all.
BEERZEBUB
C-Wizard
4,191 Posts
30/M/OH

offline   (9)
May 22 2010 9:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
For the City of God fans, has anyone seen City of Men?
Dianana
8====D
65,645 Posts
34/F/PA

offline  mobile reply   (8)
May 22 2010 9:58 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Return of the Jedi.
Brett Weir
im gay
44,437 Posts
33/M/NY

offline   (7)
May 22 2010 10:12 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: VISIONARY

For the City of God fans, has anyone seen City of Men?

its not nearly as good....the tv series was better, but that is still not even close.
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
32/M/WI

offline   (2)
May 22 2010 10:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Red Riding trilogy

Very good stuff.
TOOTHPAC SHAKUR
master quoter
30,897 Posts
31/M/OH

offline  mobile reply   (15)
May 23 2010 12:23 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
30rock marathon up in this bitch, then M.
Iron Chef Gein
Vampire bat
2,897 Posts
29/F/PA

offline   (34)
May 23 2010 12:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Not a movie, but it's on Discovery Health right now. I'll never walk around barefoot again.
Brett Weir
im gay
44,437 Posts
33/M/NY

offline   (7)
May 23 2010 12:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
sheer terror documentary may be watched today. may also fuck with chinatown when LOST is over. yeah, i watch lost, SUCK IT.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,135 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (19)
May 23 2010 12:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
30/M/NA

offline   (21)
May 23 2010 1:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Billy Crystals

Red Riding trilogy

Very good stuff.

I really want to see this.
Brett Weir
im gay
44,437 Posts
33/M/NY

offline   (7)
May 23 2010 1:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: WREN

i liked the first movie, but man, deadgirl was fucking awful. i want to wipe my ass with the film stock.
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
30/M/NA

offline   (21)
May 23 2010 1:06 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm going to order this online soon, looks like an absolutely fascinating film. It's 7 1/2 hours, so I'd probably watch it in three different segments.

This scene is so simplistic, yet mindblowing and gorgeously shot. I was basically in a trance the first time watched this clip.

Brett Weir
im gay
44,437 Posts
33/M/NY

offline   (7)
May 23 2010 1:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i cant watch video on my work computer, but gimme some info (title)
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
30/M/NA

offline   (21)
May 23 2010 1:12 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: tommynorcal

i cant watch video on my work computer, but gimme some info (title)

Film by Bela Tarr, called Satantango.

"Sátántangó (English: Satan's Tango) is a film directed by Hungarian filmmaker Béla Tarr. Shot in black-and-white, completed in 1994, it runs an epic 7 hours and 12 minutes. It is based on the novel Sátántangó by Hungarian novelist László Krasznahorkai, who has been providing Tarr with stories since his 1988 film Kárhozat (Damnation, 1988).

The film has developed a cult following. In part due to its artistry and length, but also because for a long time it was unavailable on DVD (only bootlegs transferred from old VHS sources were available.) The film is now available in a new digital transfer supervised by Bela Tarr himself. Much of its reputation today has spread among film enthusiasts thanks to the word-of-mouth on the Internet. The film was praised by many critics who considered it a crack in the face to the 90s "friendly foreign" film.

The late novelist and filmmaker Susan Sontag described Sátántangó as "Devastating, enthralling for every minute of its seven hours. I'd be glad to see it every year for the rest of my life." The film has been the subject of controversy. The film has a sequence in which a child tortures and poisons her cat. This led to some difficulties in getting the film shown in the UK because of legislation protecting animals from cruelty, and the British Board of Film Censors refusing to certify such films. Tarr has insisted that there was a veterinarian on the set at all times, and that the cat was under the vet's supervision. Tarr has also said that the cat is now his pet.

The film was briefly out on VHS and DVD in the 1990s, but went out of print very quickly, but is now available on DVD. It is infrequently shown due to its lengthy running time. It is sometimes shown in two parts, or in its entirety with two intermissions. Tarr has said the film should be shown without any interruption, but this is usually difficult to do given the restrictions of both film and video projection. It is considered a masterpiece by critics, and people who have seen it are usually astonished by its ambition, its artistry, and its uncompromising vision. Considering Satantango's status as a cult film similar to Rainer Werner Fassbinder's Berlin Alexanderplatz, the new DVD release was eagerly anticipated."
forum Arts & Entertainment ›› the movie thread ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: the movie thread

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?